The Discovery of NAD
If you are asking yourself, “What is NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy?” then you need to know how this powerful molecule was discovered. Discovered more than 100 years ago, NAD stands for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. It is a coenzyme that is found in all of our cells. The job of NAD is to help our body’s enzymes work properly.
There are two forms of NAD. The first is NAD+ and the second is NADH. When NAD powers enzymatic reactions, it switches between these two forms, helping the body carry out its essential functions.
Sadly, some people have lower levels of NAD+, which can cause some of the body’s functions to grind to a halt. As a result, healthcare professionals have discovered that providing individuals with additional NAD+ can help the body function better on a molecular level. This can lead to a better overall quality of life.
What Role Does NAD+ Play in the Human Body?
In order to answer the question, “What is NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy?,” you need to know exactly what NAD+ does in the body. Some of the roles of NAD+ include:
- Help the body turn nutrients into ATP, which powers cellular functions
- Assist the body’s enzymes in DNA repair, correcting DNA replication errors that might have taken place during cellular division
- Power the function of mitochondria, which play key roles in cellular respiration
- Help the body maintain the integrity of its chromosomes
- Control gene expression through epigenetic modifications, ensuring the body has appropriate levels of all of its proteins
- Power post-translational modifications, ensuring that all of the body’s proteins are constructed in an appropriate manner
- Assist in calcium signaling, ensuring the body’s enzymes are coordinated appropriately
These are just a few of the most important roles of NAD+ in the human body.
How Do Our Bodies Absorb NAD+?
Clearly, you need NAD+ to power a wide variety of your body’s functions. In order to receive NAD+ in an efficient manner, we recommend NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy. This is because when we provide NAD+ to your blood vessels directly, it will not be damaged, destroyed, or excreted in your digestive tract. For example, you can also absorb NAD+ through your diet and oral supplements; however, your body’s GI tract is not going to absorb all of it. Some of the NAD+ you consume will be lost during the digestive process. Furthermore, some of the oral supplements that contain NAD+ might lead to side effects.
That is why we recommend NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy. This is the safest and most efficient way for you to increase your levels of NAD+.
What Are the Benefits of NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy?
When you invest in NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy, you will feel a variety of benefits. These include:
- Boost General Wellness: NAD+ is a molecule that occurs naturally in every cell in your body. Maintaining adequate levels of NAD+ will contribute to your general wellness. This includes thicker nails, clearer skin, stronger hair, less brain fog, and more energy. This will help you feel younger and enjoy a higher overall quality of life.
- Improve DNA Repair: As you get older, you produce fewer NAD+. In addition, the quality of your DNA repair declines as well. By increasing NAD+, you can increase the accuracy of your DNA repair processes. If your DNA is damaged, this might lead to cancer, which is why you need to take care of your DNA repair processes. NAD+ infusions can help you do that.
- Protect Your Brain Cells: NAD+ provides you with a neuroprotective effect. This critical molecule can protect your nerves against demyelination. Your nerves are covered in a myelin sheath which helps to increase the rate of signal transmission while protecting your nerves against damage. When you receive NAD+ infusions, you protect the myelin of your nerves. This will lead to better concentration, improved memory, and a more stable mood.
These are just a few of the major benefits of NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy. If you want to learn more about the question, “What is NAD+ IV Infusion Therapy?” then contact us today!