Hope for Treatment–Resistant Mood Disorders
Feelings of hopelessness, overwhelming panic or unease, inability to sleep, or function — mental health disorders can show up in countless ways. And for the millions of Americans with major depression or anxiety, many struggle to find relief with traditional treatment. Ketamine IV therapy may work if you have experienced resistance to medications. We know how frustrating and exhausting it can be to try different forms of medication and psychotherapy, with no relief.
How Does Ketamine IV Therapy Work?
Ketamine IV therapy works by increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor(BDNF). BDNF is a growth factor in your brain that is creating new neural pathways that have been damaged by debilitating depression, chronic stress, and pain, etc. Ketamine can restore healthy neural pathways and promotes the development of healthy neurons. Here are some of the most common scenarios where we prescribe Ketamine IV therapy to treat depression, anxiety, or other disorders:
- If your current medication(s) is no longer working,
- If you are suicidal or otherwise incapable of functioning,
- If you need immediate relief faster than traditional medicine can provide,
- If you’ve had a mental health disorder for a substantial length of time and haven’t yet found a therapy that works.
- If you are also struggling with unrelenting symptoms of PTSD, OCD, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, and other serious conditions.
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- If you prefer and frequent IV treatments over daily oral medications or have experienced intolerable side-effects with oral medications.
Ketamine IV therapy is one of today’s biggest breakthroughs for treatment-resistant depression and anxiety, proving effective in more than 80% of cases. That’s why we’re excited to offer ketamine IV infusion therapy to the Denver metro at the Colorado Recovery Infusion Center.